Three Steps Away
Review the SFO Candidate Handbook for details about certification.
You must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in a field related to school business + 2 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to school business + 3 years of experience.
- Completion of an ASBO International or ASBO affiliate workshop covering the SFO Exam Competencies + 3 years of experience.
- 7 years as a school business official, based on approval of the seasoned practitioner provision.
To apply to take SFO remote proctored exam, log into SFO Access (Prolydian) and:
- Create your profile (if you are a new account user).
- Use the Forms section to apply, submit payment, and track your activities.
- Look for an authorization email to arrive within 2 business days of submitting your SFO application.
- Review your follow-up email with instructions to schedule the SFO exam through Examity.
*Exam eligibility is valid for one year from the date of application approval. Allow sufficient time to retest within exam eligibility year if necessary.
Prepare for the exam using these
Maintain Your New Credential
Meet the standards for recertification every three years.
||ASBO International Member
|Application and Exam Fee
|3-Year Recertification Fee
SFO application portion of the fee is non-refundable ($150 for members and $250 for non-members).
Policies and Procedures
View the SFO Policies and Procedures.
Contact ASBO International's certification department