How Much Will It Cost to Apply for the Program and Take the Exam?
There are three sets of fees: application, exam, and renewal.
1. The application fee is $150 for ASBO International members or $225 for non-members.
2. The exam fees are $195 for Part 1: Accounting and $295 for Part 2: School Business Management; each registration fee includes a five-month authorization to test window.
3. Once certified, the SFO annual renewal fee is $125, due when the renewal application is submitted at the end of each one-year period.
The certification period is for three years. At the end of that time, certificants are required to submit a recertification application; no additional fees are collected at this time.
Refer to the Candidate Handbook for special circumstances, such as exam re-takes, missed test dates, etc.
Payment is accepted in the following ways:
- Credit card payment at the time of submitting the form online.
- Check [cheque] submitted to ASBO International, Certification Department, 11401 North Shore Drive, Reston, VA 20190
Paying by check? Please note that your application
will be considered pending until payment is received at ASBO. Once we
receive payment, then we will approve your exam registration forms and
you will be able to schedule your exam.