Professional Skills Assessments
These assessment documents were created to help review school management practices, discover strengths, and identify opportunities for professional development.
- The Educational Enterprise Skill Set
- Financial Resource Management Skill Set
- Human Resource Management Skill Set
- Facility Management Skill Set
- Property Acquisition and Management Skill Set
- Information Management Skill Set
- Ancillary Services Skill Set (Risk Management, Transportation, and Food Service)
Click on the links below to download the assessment documents now:
- Observer Assessment of Professional Standards
- Self Assessment of Professional Standards
- Self-Assessment Skill Analysis Sheet
How to Conduct a Self-Assessment
1. Locate the discipline(s) you wish to assess using the
Self-Assessment or Observer Assessment documents.
2. Follow the instructions to conduct the Self-Assessment. Complete instructions are included in each document.
3. Distribute copies of the Observer Assessment to colleagues who are familiar with your current job responsibilities and recent work.
4. After all assessments are complete, compare your Self-Assessment totals with those of the Observer Assessments using the Skill Analysis Sheet. This should help you form a clear picture of your skill levels and how you "come across" when working with others on the job.
ASBO published the article "Professional Self-Assessments --
Mapping Skills, Charting a Course for Growth" in the April 2003 issue of
School Business Affairs magazine.
Download this article in .PDF format.
Getting Good Feedback? Tell Us About It!
ASBO's professional development team wants to hear about how you've used this self-assessment process on your own, or among your school district or education department staff.
Tell us how you've benefited, or what we can change to make this a better experience.
Please write to ASBO's Arlene Olkin at email@example.comWe look forward to hearing from you!
Click here to find a FREE download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.