Meritorious Budget Awards Program (MBA)
The Meritorious Budget Awards Program, sponsored by ING, promotes and recognizes excellence in school budget presentation and enhances the school business officials' skills in developing, analyzing and presenting a school system budget.
The Meritorious Budget Awards Program (MBA):
- Provides clear budget presentation guidelines
- Defines up to date budget practices
- Encourages both short- and long-range budget goals
- Promotes sound fiscal management practices
- Promotes effective use of educational resources
- Facilitates professional growth and development for the budget staff
- Helps build solid development, analytical, and presentation budget skills
Any school entity (including local school districts, educational service units, and colleges and universities) that incorporates the MBA criteria into its budget is eligible for participation in the MBA Program.
Application Forms & Fees
The MBA application has been revised for 2013.
- 2013 MBA Brochure & Fillable Application for the MBA Program
- 2013 MBA Application
- MBA Criteria Checklist
Submit Your Application
Choose one of the three ways below to submit your budget with your application materials:
- CD ROM -- Submit three CD copies of your budget
- Web link -- Submit three copies of your Web link on a separate piece of paper
- Hard copy -- Submit three copies of your budget
- Email -- Document in pdf (may only use if MBA fee is paid by credi card).
Participants must submit their budget no later than 90 days after its legal approval. All applications are reviewed by a team of experienced school business administrators, accountants, and auditors.
Recipients of the Meritorious Budget Award receive:
- A handsome plaque and certificate
- Comprehensive feedback about their budget from peers trained in up-to-date school entity budget techniques
- Letters of accomplishment sent to their superintendent and school board
- Recognition of achievement in ASBO's professional magazine School Business Affairs and weekly online newsletter Accents Online, as well as in their state or provincial ASBO affiliate newsletter
- Recognition through national and local media
- Continuing education points for ASBO's Professional Registration Program
Looking for hands-on help?
- Find out How to Create an
Award-Winning Budget at ASBO's 2011 Annual Meeting.
- Application Mentors are available to answer questions and offer
- Applicants also can find guidance
by reviewing the program criteria and checklist.
- FAQs: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (137K file)
- MBA-related articles and resources
- Find downloads of sample budgets
You can also contribute your expertise
... Become an MBA Reviewer.
For More Information:
Contact Michelle Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.682.2729, x7067.
ASBO International is grateful to ING for their support of the Meritorious Budget Awards Program.
Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat to view some of the files above.
Click here to find a FREE download of Adobe Acrobat Reader.