Meet the Exam Committee
Charged with writing questions for the two-part certification exam, these 17 school business officials are divided into two corresponding groups to help write items for both parts of the test. These esteemed volunteers have all been practitioners in the profession for at least five years and represent the breadth and scope of schools business officials from across the United States and Canada.
The first part of the exam focuses on information that is necessary at the time of job entry, such as managing accounting systems and managing accounting functions.
Exam Committee Part 1
- Michael M. Adamczyk, RSBA, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, Troy School District, Troy, MI
- Gilbert Bernstein, RSBA, School Business Management Consultant, Denton, TX
- Susan K. Givens, CFO, Masconomet Regional School District, Topsfield, MA
- Joe Henderson, CGA, Secretary-Treasurer, Wolf Creek Public Schools, Ponoka, AB
- Jenny L. Martens, Business Manager, Nome Public Schools, Nome, AK
- Ruth A. Russell, Director of Business Services, University Place School District, University Place, WA
- Kay J. Watson, RSBS, CFO/Business Manager, Fremont County School District 24, Shoshoni, WY
The second part of the exam covers competencies that school business professionals experience on the job, such as conducting financial planning and analysis and managing school facilities.
Exam Committee Part 2
- W. Edward Chabal, Director of Finance, Mt. Pleasant Community School District, Mt. Pleasant, IA
- Ken Clickenger, Business Manager, Euclid City School District, Euclid, OH
- Patrick Conner, CSFO, Tuscaloosa County Schools, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Laura E. Cowburn, RSBS, Assistant to the Superintendent of Business Services/Board Secretary, Columbia Borough School District, Columbia, PA
- Mohsin Dada, CFP, RSBA, Assistant Superintendent for Business Services, Schaumburg Community School District No. 54, Schaumburg, IL
- Dave Jones, Assistant Superintendent, Kenai Peninsula Borough School District, Soldotna, AK
- Aubrey Kirkpatrick, Director of Finance, Administration, and Communications, School District 2, Moncton, NB
- Pamela D. Palmo, Director, Food Services, Tucson Unified School District, Tucson, AZ
- Diane N. Pertzborn, Director of Business and Auxiliary Services, DeForest Area School District, DeForest, WI
- Gail M. Zeman, School Business Management Consultant, Rockport, MA